Life and Skincare Update

Third time's the charm ?
It's been nearly a year. My last blog post was October 2016. My laptop broke and I thought that was a problem. I'd take a million broken laptops compared to how December broke me. Hell I'd take life without internet, but that's not how it works. 2016 was the worst year of my life.
Here comes the rain.
You were never early for anything. Why'd you have to be early this time.  For those of you that do not know I lost my dad. Lost him. Like he fell out of my god damn pocket or something. He was my best friend. We told each other everything. I will think about him every day for the rest of my life. Some of those days I'll cry my eyes out. Some of those days I'll laugh while my eyes well up because oh boy did you do some funny shit. They say you learn how to live with it as time goes on but lately I've realized the further I get from the last time I saw you the worse it gets for me. I have videos I watch just to hear your voice again. I hate that things happen and I want to call you because I forgot for a split second. I have conversations with you in my head all the time. Hey Nik, what are you doing? Because you actually gave a shit to listen to me. To ask about my day. You wouldn't interrupt or change the subject. You told me I was a good person and to learn from your mistakes and to never change. You apologized for the shitty stuff more then you needed to. I understand so much more now then I did before and I don't know how you did it. One day when I have kids I'm going to tell them all about you. They'll know they had best grandpa in the world, even though they missed out. I'll teach them about kindness to strangers, because that was one of the greatest things you ever taught me and you did it purely by example. The world needs more of that.
I could go on till the cows come home but I'm going to stop myself because you hated it when I cried.
See you later dad. That was the last thing I said. I know everyone has their own beliefs and I'm not here to start a debate but I'm holding you to it dad. I'll see you later.

Deep breath everybody. We are stronger together.

So here I am trying to find some normal, feel like myself and get back down to doing what I love. Talking about products. (and for those that really know me, not shutting up about it, am I right?)
As few of you know, last October I went off my birth control. Now that I think of it, that may have also been a contributing factor to my blogging hiatus. Holy shit that was difficult.  I miss my pills stellar side effects everyday. My skin was near perfect, breakouts only happened right before my period which lasted 2-3 days, with minimal cramps and I could calculate ETA down to the hour. My hair was better, my nails grew better and I feel like I was healthier overall.
Now here we are 9 months in and I've lost weight to the point that my already small clothing needs to be taken in, I can't find a shampoo and conditioner my hair doesn't hate, my nails are weak, I'd rather physically fight someone then have these atrocious cramps. I could let my nieces throw darts at a calendar to more accurately figure when my period is coming then me actually counting the weeks and ...my skin. My skin decided, 'everyone already thinks she's 18 let's give her breakouts like she's going through puberty 2.0.' Well skin, I came to party and you can't stop the storm from blowing through.
Here's a rundown of the products I used before: (for normal-dry skin)

Cleanser : First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser

Exfoliator : Ole Henriksen Transforming Walnut Scrub

Moisturizer : Origins Ginzing Energizing Moisturizer

Clearing Mask : GlamGlow Supermud

Hydrating Mask : GlamGlow Thirstymud

I narrowed down the first culprit, being Origins Ginzing Moisturizer, when I tried GlamGlow's Volcasmic Matte Moisturizer and it was an pleasant improvement. It began clearing my new combo skin but new (yet fewer) breakouts were still happening. Maybe some extra exfoliation will help.  The Walnut Scrub held strong, clearing my skin even more, but you can't exfoliate everyday of the week. (2-3 times a week MAX) That leaves...No. Not my beloved FAB cleanser. It couldn't be. I was shocked and dismayed to find that the cleanser was indeed, in on the crime. BANG BANG. Guilty. The judge sentences you to banishment.
Who will save us now?

Exclusive to Sephora, the Ole Henriksen Balance line.
After extensive research, (no seriously, days can lead to weeks) the criteria was met. No parabens, no sulfates, good for combination skin, solution for oiliness, pores, acne and blemishes. (cue Adele ... Hello ... It's meee)
After ONE use of the Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser and Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator , my skin was well on it's way. I wish I would've thought to do a 'before' picture but I honestly thought this would take far more trial and error.
After cleansing my skin feels great, not too drying or tight. If you are sensitive to scent the violent wrath of mint may not be for you. (it was a surprise but it smells like a facial to me, love it!) Best of all it really clears all the garbage out of my pores. The moisturizer isn't overly greasy, leaves my skin comfortably smooth and hydrated with the same minty fresh scent.
Ahhhh.
I'm back witches.
Better board up the windows.

Comments

Popular Posts