Last Day

I'm not the type of person to go somewhere and wonder about the last time I'll be there. I roll one day at a time and yet today was coming at me like a full speed train. It began as a stop on my way home from Tim Hortons,  no matter what kind of day you just had there was a cupcake that could fix it. The first one I ever tried was Call Me Caramel, this led to lunch dates for Chicken, Brie and Cranberry sandwiches and turned into an obsession. Lucky for me it also turned into a job offer. I have never loved a place more. From our little shop on Broadway to our big house on Ridout, I never worked a single day in 3 and 1/2 years. I went home to all my familiar faces.
I've been working for 10 years and I don't know who I am without it. I'm easily bored and don't often know what to do with free time. But here I am standing on the edge of the biggest cliff I've jumped yet. We're moving into our very own house and there's a little guy blocking the view of my feet. Everything is happening in the next two months and it's a good thing I enjoy the rush. During my time at The Cup and Cake I've gotten engaged, married and pregnant. That's the only way I was ever leaving I guess. So a BIG BIG thank you to Jo for taking a chance on me, even though she knew I'd eat her out of house and home. The answer is yes, I can eat cheesecake every single day. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have found this big goofy family I never knew I needed. I can't wait to see what sort of shenanigans Nana Jo has up her sleeve.
Emma, Darian, Margaret and Lynne, even if I was having a bad day I was never upset to come to work to see you guys, I couldn't have asked for a better group.
Good lord Debbie, good luck with those goons. (just kidding guys) But seriously your heart is too big and you are wonderful.
To all of our customers, especially our regulars, Betty-Lou, George & Gloria, Georgette, The Coffee Ladies and SO many more, ya'll are the best anywhere, hands down. I'll miss seeing you every week.
It's a good thing I'm not far away or today would've been a lot harder. So here's to new adventures, no matter how much they nearly give you an anxiety attack.
See you all soon, you know I'll be hungry.

Comments

  1. Successfully Delivering Customized Noida Escorts For The Lust Seeker. Those ladies are famous for their figure and other beauties. They are expert to fulfill your all sexual desires with their skills and effort. There are a number of safe hotels and resorts are available where you can spend quality time with those stunning females.

    karol bagh escorts service $$$
    hauz khas escorts service $$$
    chanakyapuri escorts service $$$
    cr park escorts service $$$
    daryaganj escorts service $$$
    defence colony escorts service $$$
    dhaula kuan escorts service $$$
    ghaziabad escorts service $$$

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is obvious that you will feel stressed and strained. In such instances, you can hire our Russian call girls Bangalore and make the experience of the trip the most fascinating one.This will enable our girls to adjust themselves, as per your travel schedule.

    * mgroad escorts service * *
    * russian call girls hsr layout * *
    * indiranagar escorts * *
    * koramangala callgirls * *
    * russian call girls marathahalli * *

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts