Second Trimester

New year, new goals, three months to go. Somebody's got their finger on the fast forward button and think they're funny. (Not that I'm not SUPER pumped to feel like myself again and put a face to the Morse code I've been trying to decipher for the last three months) After the first trimester I couldn't wait to start feeling better but it took another two weeks before that switch flipped to off. Sweet glory day I wasn't nauseous anymore. I had energy and nearly exploded with excitement.

This trimester has been a cake walk. Even with a whole new set of side effects, these were fantastic compared to the first. Heartburn, acid reflux, back pain, hips that feel like those dolls whose limbs are attached with elastics, constant hunger. I'd take these any day, and I finally gained some weight and have a belly!

The kicking and punching took me off guard. (and what the heck is that weird pinchy thing you do to my belly button?) This kid has got to be training for the Olympics or something because his strength is a bit concerning.  For a brief moment I had flutters that only I could feel, this turned into Street Fighter so fast that the sounds that come from me now sound like my ass is being kicked by a ghost. It was a Friday night the first time he kicked hard enough that his Dad could finally feel him too. I've never seen him so proud.

On November 6th it was time to find out who was in there. Longest appointment of my life. Waiting for that phone call was intense but luckily came the very next day. I didn't have any strong feeling towards boy or girl and often called you she. My bad. Although seeing you at our first ultrasound, one look at your face and we said that's a boy. I was still skeptical though. (and Dad will never let anyone hear the end of it that he always knew you were a boy) Your name was long chosen either way but then it was real. You weren't just bloopy anymore. I got the phone call at work and squealed with excitement with everyone around me.  Dad sleeps all the time (you'll learn this quickly) so on my way home from work I got him some balloons. An orange star, a blue star and one that said it's a boy. Then we woke him up early, I handed him the balloons and squinting in the dark with only the light from the door he asked 'is that blue?' I nodded and and he hugged that balloon so hard I thought it would pop. Not a dry eye in the room. 

So guess what space ranger, we're passing along Dad's love of outer space. (Grandpa's too actually, I can't wait to show you his telescope) Other then a strange aversion to chili and being tired all the time, we've had it really easy. (He's a night owl and DEFINITELY didn't get that from me) Third base, we're rounding home. Can't wait until you get here little guy, we are gonna have a ball.

Comments

Popular Posts